Lest everyone think I’ve abandoned my painting, I thought I’d post a piece that I’ve finally finished. Had a bit of a struggle with it as some of my original ideas didn’t work out as I hoped they would, but I persisted and was able to get across the idea using a different approach. Last year I did some illustrations in the DaVinci style. I thought it would be interesting to incorporate a sketch in that style into the background and try to bring the plant to life in the foreground. While researching the large-flowered bellwort, Uvularia grandiflora, I discovered that it is pollinated by several types of bees including bumblebees so I added one of them as well. Enjoy!